About Us Roy Rump & Sons Ottawa, Ontario
Mahoney and Rich Petrofina 1960s
Landsdowne Esso 1970s
Pinecrest Esso 1970-80s
Roy Rump & Sons' founder, Roy D. Rump, has a rich history in the automotive and petroleum industry. He began his career in the early 1950s, as one of the first 25 employees of Canadian Petrofina Ltd. Through the years he worked his way through the ranks; from a bulk plant superintendent, to the Lessee Dealer of Canadian Petrofina service station, and then finally as the overall manager of a Fina pilot service station that had 3 auto repair bays and also wholesaled and delivered part to all Fina stations in Ottawa Valley and Gatineau.
In October of 1966, Roy was offered an Esso franchise, including auto repair bays, to lease by the Atlas district manager, Jack Denis, of Imperial Oil Ltd. Roy spent the next 31 years as an Esso franchisee, acquiring imperative knowledge and experience that has lead to his success in the auto repair and petroleum industries. In 1996, Imperial decided to get out of the auto repair business, and sold Roy the shop he had been running for the past three decades.
Roy, together with his children, Diane, Roydon and David, built a new, state-of-the-art building. They no longer had to worry about gas pumps and could focus solely on their true passion of providing top quality auto repair and maintenance services. Officially up and running on January 2, 1997, Roy Rump & Sons became what it is today, the name you can trust in automotive care.
Roy has been retired since 2003, and now his children continue with the same philosophies and integrity that Roy started back in the early 1950s.
Why Choose Us?
At Roy Rump & Sons, we make our customers our priority. Our philosophy is to provide our customers with a positive personal experience by offering them outstanding service carried out by qualified technicians using the highest quality products and fair prices.
These high standards have allowed us to become the recipients of multiple business awards including the 2000 SSGM Garage of the year by Service Station & Garage Management Magazine and CarQuest Excellence Award National for seven consecutive years.
Our Code of Ethics
- Give you a free visual inspection and cost estimate
- Make only the necessary repairs
- Inform you before making any repair not included in the original estimate
- Install only first-choice national-branded parts
- Give you a national warranty, and honour it
- Return, upon request, all parts which have been replaced
- Ensure your personalized service, from reception to after-sale service
- Deliver, on time, a quality job satisfying industry standards at a fair price
- Give you advice to improve your driving security
- Offer on-going training to our personnel so they remain at the forefront of technological advancement